Systems of equations

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Systems of equations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tung
    Participant

Good morning Kyle,

Please refer to the attachment for the questions:

1. Do I need to align the variables x and y? (It appears it is in print) and suppose that I DO need to align them as I did then
    2. Do I need a numeric indicator before the number 8 on the second line? Per Nemeth rule the number does not touch the opening of the grouping symbol, then I need the numeric indicator. But if I put the numeric indicator before number 8 then it touch the opening grouping sign. What is your advise?
    3. Did I put the Nemeth switching correctly?

Thank you very much.

Tung

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Thank you for the question, Tung.

In response:

1. Print clearly has the variables aligned, so you do need to align the variables x and y.
    2. You do not need a numeric indicator before the number 8 on the second line. The space inserted before it for purposes of aligning variables is not considered when deciding whether or not to use a numeric indicator.
    3. Your code switch indicators are placed quite correctly. (The opening code switch indicator is placed on a line with text preceding spatial material with a blank line following it, and the terminator is placed following the blank line after spatial material in cell 1 on a line by itself.)

Cheers!

–Kyle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.