Table of contents

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Table of contents

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Melissa Caldwell
    Participant

I know that you don't put a blank line under the centered volume number in transcriber's notes for the table of contents but what if it is followed by a cell 5 heading? Do you keep a blank line or not?

Do you include the title of the book as a centered heading in the table of contents?

I am attaching a copy of the print.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

The volume identifiers specifically state that a blank line does not follow them. Examples in formats show centered headings immediately follow the volume identifier. I believe you can interpret the same logic to a cell 5 heading - so no blank line between a volume identifier and  cell 5 heading.

As info - I would probably put the months in this contents in cell 1 and the information under them in cell 3 with runovers in cell 5 - it saves some space and still conveys the same message.

Cindi

Melissa Caldwell
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response and your added info.

On this same Table of Contents, would you add the title of the book as a centered heading?

claurent

I would follow print - and it looks like the book title is in print so I would put it in braille as well (yes, as centered).

Cindi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.