Table of Contents – many headings

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Table of Contents – many headings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Christina Conroy
    Participant

Hi there,

I've attached a picture of a table of contents I'm working on. I would like some feedback on my thoughts about formatting it.

I think that "Lezione" would go in cell 1, and not be used again before every iteration of it through the contents.

I was thinking that I would treat "contesti", "fotormanzo" and "cultura" as headings, but I'm not sure about that. I'd be inclined to make them cell 5 headings, but I'm not totally sure that's acceptable in ToCs. And if it is, whether there's be a blank line before them.

I've attached screenshots of my best attempt. Any feedback is most welcome!

Thanks!

Christina

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Christina Conroy. Reason: editing for file size
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Christina Conroy
    Participant

Here is one screenshot

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Christina Conroy. Reason: Edited for file size
    Attachments:
    Christina Conroy
    Participant

Here is the other screen shot

Attachments:
    claurent

I did this book!  I'm attaching a screenshot of the first page of my contents... These are so complicated!  I combined print pages because the contents goes across the two pages.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cindi

Attachments:
    Christina Conroy
    Participant

Thanks so much Cindi. This will be very helpful. And yes, I intended to combine print pages as well. If there are any other "interesting" formatting decisions you made that you want to pass on, I'm all ears! I'm happy to follow best practices! 🙂

Christina

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.