Table of contents with lots of colors

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Table of contents with lots of colors

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Melissa Caldwell
    Participant

Hi Cindi!

I am so thankful for Ask An Expert. It has been such a help to me. I am now working on a 4th grade math book. It has a lot of different types of formatting that I am trying to figure out. Right now I am working on the table of contents. I am attaching how I have started it and pictures of the actual table of contents. My question is should I change what I have done so far? Should I add some of the color? I have been watching the webinars and looking at what you have answered for others and am still unsure on how to do this table of contents. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Melissa Caldwell
    Participant

I am adding one more attachment showing what I am doing.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

I think the color is unnecessary - it is either an entire entry or is separated from the rest of the text by some type of punctuation. so what you did seems good.  Following that same reasoning, I would not keep the bold on Math Reasoning (as you did not keep the bold on Social Studies Connection).

The other thing I noticed was the dash before the first entry - STARTING THE UNIT. I believe that is just a stylized print line and would not consider that a dash.

It looks like you are considering the text at the bottom of the page a reference note. If you only keep the bold o the word Algebra within the text, it would follow the rules in Section of BF - and a TN is required stating that bold words have a reference at the end of the page.

I'm glad you find Ask An Expert to be a benefit! Thanks for posting.

Cindi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.