Teachers Reference Page in Early Educational Material

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Teachers Reference Page in Early Educational Material

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mary Mosley
    Participant

4-25-2024

I have a question concerning Teachers Reference Materials as outlined in the Guidelines for the Transcription of Early Educational Materials from Print to Braille.

I am currently beginning a transcription of a kindergarten book teaching reading and writing that will have several notes within the body of the braille volume.

In the past I have listed "all" the notes used in a volume on both the Transcriber's Notes Page and the Teacher's Reference page as outlined in sections 2.2.3, 3.1.4 and 4.3.2c.

Is this correct? The teacher's reference page is basically a print copy of the braille pages.

Some of the wording of the guidelines for early grade levels, such as in section 7.3, seem to suggest that the notes are only listed on the teacher's reference page.

Are the braille copies of the special symbols and transcriber's notes pages, and the print copy of the teacher's reference page considered teacher's reference materials as a whole?

claurent

The teacher's reference page IS basically a print copy of the braille pages. According to Sample 2-1 of the Early Learning Guidelines, the notes used within the volume are listed on the Transcriber's Notes page.

The braille copies are NOT considered part of the Teacher's reference materials - they are part of the braille volume. The Teacher's reference materials are print pages.

Cindi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.