Texting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rothman3
    Participant

The book I'm brailling has texting throughout. When there is a block of "texting" I'm enclosing it in boxes as explained in a previous question.

Sometimes the "texting" is embedded in a regular paragraph (see attached PDF). How should this be handled?

Thank you, Susie

claurent

Your file did not upload.  Can you please try again.

Cindi

rothman3
    Participant

I'm resending attachment.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

Is there other bold in the volume?  Could you just use the bold indicators (and, if you feel it necessary, do a tn on the tn page explaining to the reader that bold material is text dialogue).

On the page you sent, it looks like using bold would work...but it will depend on what is in the rest of the book 🙂

Cindi

rothman3
    Participant

No, this is the only bold, so bold will work. Should I continue to box larger sections of "texting."    Thank you

claurent

There are a couple of ways you could deal with the larger sections...they could be treated as displayed material (with blank lines before and after and adjusted margins), you could use emphasis ...or do them as lists (with blank lines before and after and 1-3 margins) as they are a type of dialogue. If you are pretty far into the book and have been doing boxes, I'm not sure you need to change them.  I would probably not use boxes, but that doesn't mean you can't :).

Cindi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.