TOC identifiers

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook TOC identifiers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tiffanie Dumont
    Participant

In a table of contents, if there is an identifier (chapter, appendix etc...) does rule 2.10.2(g) only apply if ALL main entries throughout the whole table of contents are preceded by it? or can an identifier appear further down in the table of contents and have that rule still apply?

claurent

I'm not sure exactly what you mean...but the rule is for when the identifier applies to all entries after the identifier (so you COULD have some prelim matter that doesn't have the identifier, then the identifier (chapter, etc) would apply to everything after that - until the end matter (which should be separated by a blank line. If this does not answer your questions, maybe send me a picture of your Contents?

Cindi

Tiffanie Dumont
    Participant

Thank you Cindi, it did answer my question.!

Tiffanie Dumont
    Participant

So I guess I need to ask then can you have an identifier in the end matter?

claurent

I would say generally no. But without seeing the print, I can't say for sure.

Cindi

Tiffanie Dumont
    Participant

In the end matter there is a lot of Appendix entries. (for example Apprendix 1, Appendix 2 etc...)I was wondering if the word Appendix could be an identifier. I'm new at this and sometimes understanding the rules elude me.

Tiffanie Dumont
    Participant

Thanks for you help today.

claurent

If ALL of the end matter begins with the word Appendix, then yes, it could be considered an identifier...but if any of them don't, just put the word Appendix before each entry.

I'm not new at this and sometimes the rules elude me...so you are in good company! 🙂

Cindi

Tiffanie Dumont
    Participant

Ok, I think I understand what it is the rule is saying now. Thank you for that clarification Cindi. Have a good weekend.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.