UEB certification for EBAE certified transcribers

Home Forums Unified English Braille Literary UEB certification for EBAE certified transcribers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rsherwood12
    Participant

Hello,
    I see that the literary braille transcribing course on the NFB website will be taught with the Instruction Manual for Braille Transcribing – UEB Edition, 2015. Is this the appropriate class for an EBAE certified transcriber to take? Or will there be a separate course?

Thanks,
    Rebecca

rsherwood12
    Participant

The NFB/NLS UEB course is intended to be a replacement for the literary course manual. It teaches braille from the standpoint that you don't already know braille. It's never a bad idea to reinforce what you know about braille by going through a course that starts at the very beginning (that is also what the Australian on-line course does). I do not know, at this point, if NFB/NLS is working on a course for those who already know EBAE braille that will help them switch over to UEB. I can check and will let you know if I find out something more.

Cindi

claurent

Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.