UEB Nemeth

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mary Mosley
    Participant

Please see attachment

Mary Mosley
    Participant

Do not think attachment was added

kdejute

Unfortunately, I see no attachment. It looks like the file is too large. If possible, can you divide the file into several smaller files?

Alternatively, you may be able to "zip" the file.

–Kyle

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by kdejute. Reason: added info. about "zipping" files
    Mary Mosley
    Participant

Trying to add the attachment again

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

There's that attachment! Thank you. My response to the attached question is below:

I agree with your treating the words "of" and "is" in phrases like "32% of $83" and "7.5% of [square shape] is 13.2" as technical material. In these instances, the words are part of the mathematical expression and should be treated as such (kept inside Nemeth switch indicators, uncontracted, with no single-word switch indicators).

Your use of the Nemeth general omission indicator is not incorrect, but it is not necessary. You could use a Nemeth shape to represent the print shape that indicates omission (Nemeth Code, section 115.b)

Mary Mosley
    Participant

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.