XY Axis

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I have a question about XY grids. The student that I work with has a very difficult time reading the grids that are in his braille math books. The grid lines are very faint and he can hardly feel them, and he has an extremely hard time following them. I have been told that the guidelines for tactile graphics state that the x- and y-axis lines are high, but the grid lines are to be kept very faint. Are the guidelines posted somewhere? Has anyone heard of other braille readers having trouble with this? Our student is an excellent braille reader and also does well with reading tactile graphics, except for these grids.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi, I'm answering for Dorothy this week. I see that you have received an answer on the Tactile Graphics post, where I was going to refer you. If it is a textbook, you can find transcription information on the title page. This is useful if you want to contact the agency that the textbook comes from.

Mary

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.