Reply To: Question about blank lines

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Question about blank lines Reply To: Question about blank lines

joannavenneri
Participant

Joanna,
Thanks so much for your input. I have in fact transcribed another Scripture and used the exact format you are speaking of. Verse numbers on the right margin, on the first line of each verse, and always having 2 blank cells to the left of the longest verse number on the braille page. I kind of like that format. And it was pretty obvious what to do. It worked well with that particular religious text. As recommended in Formats, I put the change on the TRanscribers Notes page in the "t" pages.

I'm thinking about the commentaries with this though. Are they going to follow the "rule" of having 2 blank cells to the left of the longest verse number on the braille page? Or are they going to use all 40 cells on the line? In the other Scripture I did, the "Bhagavad Gita", there were no commentaries. Do you all have a recommendation for this?

Thanks for your input. I like the idea of putting the verse numbers on the right margin. It seems like a very "braille-reader-friendly" thing to do.....