Reply To: spatial calculations in UEB technical code

Home Forums Unified English Braille Literary spatial calculations in UEB technical code Reply To: spatial calculations in UEB technical code

rsherwood12
Participant

Thanks for your quick reply, Wendy!

I do want to make sure that my margins and the spacing between columns were OK in the sample BRF I sent.  I included one blank cell between addition or multiplication problems when there were multiple problems across the page. Is that sufficient? Does there need to be a blank cell between the end of the problem identifier and the plus sign on the next line, or can the plus sign just be in the first cell to the right of the identifier (i.e., on braille page 41/print page 20)?

Did I correctly place the numeric passage indicator on print pages 23 and l55 (in cell 1, with the plus sign in cell 3)?

If I use the 3rd and 4th transcriber-defined print symbols on print page 68, they take up more cells, and I wouldn't be able to fit the text to the right. Would a TN like @.<In each of the following three illustrations, the label "Carry-over boxes" appears to the right of the row of solid boxes, and the label "Column Answers" appears to the right of the row of broken boxes. Symbols used: (then a 1-3 list) .=@#? Solid box .=^#? Broken box@.> be a good solution? Solid and broken boxes are the words from the text.

For the exercise on print page 68 which has numbers inside the solid and broken boxes, would you recommend just omitting the boxes because the format has been laid out in the preceding examples and use a TN explaining that "The solid and broken boxes have been omitted. The numbers from the right hand are placed in the column answer row, and the numbers from the left hand are placed in the carry-over row above and one column to the left."?

Thanks again,
Rebecca