As the days grow shorter and fall approaches, we are gearing up to spend the next few weeks putting the final touches on our 2018 Professional Development Conference in Detroit. If you’re registered to join us next month at the conference, this will guide you through some important steps in preparing to have a fun, and educational three days.
If you’ve been planning to attend and haven’t registered yet, don’t wait any longer!!! A few workshops have already filled up, and there’s a good chance that others will soon. Plus, if you register before September 30, you’ll be able to take advantage of the lower pricing. Beginning October 1, both the Partial and Full Conference packages will increase by $25.00.
If you’ve already booked your room at the Westin Book Cadillac, then you’re all set! If you haven’t booked a room, you’ll find that the NBA room block is full. We’ve arranged for a room block at the neighboring Holiday Inn Express and Suites. Don’t wait to book your accommodations!
To book with the overflow hotel, use this link: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Detroit
Onsite parking is available if you have a vehicle. Single day parking is $15.00 per car, or $20.00 per car if you’d like to use the valet.
The nearest airport to our hotel is the Detroit Metro Airport. The call letters for the airport are DTW.
Transportation from and to the airport to the hotel is available with various alternatives.
- Uber or Lyft approximately $28
- This Skoot Shared van holds (1-11 passengers) and you can either be traveling alone or in a group. If you are alone the rate is $25 one way or $50 for the round trip. If you are traveling in a group, they charge $25 for the first person and $15.00 for each additional person traveling in the same group; note they allow 2 bags per person.
- Skoot Express is a flat rate private (not shared) van that allows 1-4 persons and is aflat round trip rate of $100.00 for the [DS1] 1-4 guests; note they allow 2 bags per person.
- Metro Link Sedans $65 plus gratuity each way and will accommodate up to 4 people. They will meet you at the luggage and escort you out to the car.
- Detroit Airport Limo Cars $58 plus gratuity each way and will accommodate up to 4 people.
This year’s distribution for the workshop materials will be significantly different than previous years.
The first major change, is that regardless of what workshops you’ve registered for, you’ll be receiving electronic access to all the materials from every workshop!
How do I get the workshop materials?
Prior to the conference, we’ll be sending a link to an online collection of materials. You will go to that link and download whatever materials that you’d like for your own use. If you’d prefer to have them electronically on a device at the conference, you’ll just need to save them. If you prefer to have printed materials during the conference, attendees will need to print their materials prior to the conference and bring them along. Workshop materials will not be made available onsite.
Both PDF and BRF files of all workshop materials will be made available.
What if I paid for a binder?
If you selected and paid the additional costs to have your materials prepared for you by our offices, we’ll have a personalized binder waiting for you at the check-in desk. That binder will only include the materials for the workshops you registered for.
What if I selected braille?
Like each conference, if you’re a braille reader, and selected hardcopy braille during registration, we’ll have that for you at the check-in desk. Like the hardcopy print readers, your braille materials will only include the workshops you selected during registration.
Can I share my materials?
As always, workshop materials are intended for those who have paid to attend the conference. If you have a friend who wants to look through something you’ve received, we don’t have a problem with that. Copying files and distributing them is prohibited.