BENEFITS OF AN NBA MEMBERSHIP
- A yearly subscription to the Bulletin: This popular journal contains articles about modification of codes, new materials and equipment, tips to transcribers, and reports of activities of interesting individuals and groups. A series of skills columns offers guidelines for preparing braille and tactile graphics.
- Semi-annual Professional Development Conferences: Regularly scheduled workshops in all areas of braille production enable you to learn more about your unique skills and introduce you to new techniques and equipment. Social functions at conferences offer the additional stimulation of informally meeting and visiting with members of other organizations and agencies.
- Special rate on print publications: Manuals and other instructional materials which provide guidelines for narrating, transcribing, format, and uniform standards are available at reduced prices to members.
- Transcribers' Connections: This service provides an opportunity for certified transcribers and proofreaders to connect with agencies and individuals who are looking for specific expertise. Visit this page on our website to read more about Transcribers' Connections.
- Access to Skills Chairs: NBA Skills committee chairs welcome questions and provide assistance in all areas of braille transcribing including music, mathematics and science notation, textbooks, tactile graphics, and computer-assisted transcription. Go to "Ask an Expert"
Click Here to Register Online