Reply To: website addresses using transcription software

Home Forums Computer-Assisted Transcription website addresses using transcription software Reply To: website addresses using transcription software

Chris Clemens
Keymaster

Thank you Joanna for these instructions! I tried this and can see how it could definitely save time, especially with a long website address. I took a fairly long web address that I knew would take up more than one braille line. I added the ascii for beginning and ending CBC indicators like you said (am doing this in a Word file), highlighted the text and changed font to the BRL2000 font. The colon, slash, and decimal points of the web address translated fine into their CBC equivalents.
But when I used a website name that had an underscore or a Capital letter in the web address, these did not carry over correctly. Should they? It put in only 1 dots 456 for the underscore--my reference sheet has the underscore requiring 2 sets of dots 456. For the capital letter in the web address, I thought it should put in the dots 456 to indicate the shift indicator for the capital, but it did not do this at all.
My other question involves continuing to other lines. When I braille website addresses by hand, I know to break at an appropriate spot (such as after a slash) and put in the continuation indicator (dots 456, dots 12346), and start the runover lines in cell 2. Is the continuation indicator something that is put in by hand later when adjust and fix up the line? Or should the translation put it in? I believe the ascii code for the continuation indicator is _&. But how would I know where to place that since I don't yet know where the line will break when it gets into BRL2000.
Thanks again for any advice here.
Patricia