Reply To: Footnote question

Home Forums English Braille American Edition Footnote question Reply To: Footnote question

Anonymous
Inactive

Hi Susie,
Thank you for the question. I can see how this would be confusing for you. Without print page numbers or page turn indicators, the new footnote guidelines would be impossible.
Fortunately there is an easy answer. Literary (leisure reading material, novels, etc.) now follow the 2011 Format Guidelines for Formatting issues.

The following paragraph is from BANA's press release: Implementation Date Set for 2011 Braille Formats - May 2012
http://www.brailleauthority.org/pressreleases/pr-may2012.html
"The official implementation date for use of Braille Formats 2011 is January 1, 2013. [u]The principles set forth in the Braille Formats 2011 supersede all previous formats documents, including the rules and appendices regarding formatting given in English Braille American Edition (EBAE)[/u]."

With that in mind, it is now required to use both print and braille page numbering for all book that have page numbers in print. Using the print page numbers should solve your problem.
If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.
--Saralyn