Reply To: Colored boxes in displayed equation
Home › Forums › Nemeth Code for Math and Science › Colored boxes in displayed equation › Reply To: Colored boxes in displayed equation
May 1, 2018 at 11:59 am #31069
Since I'm "shouting" about tactile textures, I think I should also pass along some tactile graphic resources that I have found useful.
Tactile Graphics Resources
- BANA’s Guidelines and Standards for Tactile Graphics
- Watch BANA’s website and/or sign up for BANA Announce to see the updated TG Guidelines, including information on using Nemeth within UEB contexts, once they are available.
- Tactile Graphic Image Library
- The TGIL is an APH-designed and -maintained resource that “contains a pool of well-designed templates to aid with the creation of tactile graphics”.
- samples from PRCVI’s website
- PRCVI ([Canadian/Vancouverian] Provincial Resource Centre for the Visually Impaired) has a section of its website dedicated to tactile graphics, with some files of complex tactile graphics available for download as well as a few instructional materials (some more up-to-date than others).
- APH’s Tactile Graphics TV
- TGTV is a series of online videos from APH devoted to tactile graphic design. Each episode in the ongoing series will address one or two aspects of the design process involved in adapting a print graphic (for example, from a textbook) into a readable tactile image.
In addition, you may post questions in the Tactile Graphics Forum of Ask an Expert.