Reply To: Labeling values on cartesian graphs using UEB code

Home Forums Tactile Graphics Labeling values on cartesian graphs using UEB code Reply To: Labeling values on cartesian graphs using UEB code

Donald Winiecki

Kathedral,

With a little help from our friends in the TG world at NBA, we can offer the following.

For Tiger Software Suite

Set your system to create lines according to the following:

<li style="list-style-type: none;">
  • Axis lines: Drawing Color 6, Line width 2
  • Tick marks: Drawing Color 6, Line width 1
  • Grid lines: Drawing Color 2, Line width 1
  • Braille symbols: Drawing Color Braille

In MS-Word or CorelDraw, use a 1-point dashed line for the background grid, and a 1.5-point solid line for both axis lines and the tick marks.

In all applications, the actual plotted line should be heavier than any other line on the TG.

Finally, I encourage you and others to attend the 'Braille Bytes' webinar this Tuesday, 17 December. Our topic will be the relevant rules and considerations for creating a Cartesian Coordinate TG as you see here. See the following for logging in!

<b>Braille Bytes: Basic Scientific Graphics</b>

<i>Presenter: Donald Winiecki</i>
Tuesday, December 17 at 1:00p EST

Description: Across all STEM fields, the most basic and even the most common scientific graphics are those that appear on an X-Y coordinate system (i.e., the Cartesian coordinate graph). In this webinar, we will first introduce critical standards that apply to all Cartesian graphs, and then show how those standards apply as the graphs become more complex. We will also explore important design considerations for each tactile graphic based on their end-use and method of production.

<b>TO JOIN</b>

<b>Please join from your computer, tablet or smartphone.</b>
https://global.gotomeeting.<u></u>com/join/389957541
<b>You can also dial in using your phone.</b>
United States: +1 (646) 749-3129
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9391
Access Code: 389-957-541

Please let us know if these resources provide you with what you need!

_don winiecki

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Donald Winiecki. Reason: formatting got a little goofed up
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Donald Winiecki. Reason: Updates on CorelDraw macros from Betty Marshall