Answer, part 1: A list of resources for studying UEB, with a focus on math & science
UEB Math/Science (or "Technical Material in UEB") Resources 👩🏫
The APH webinar UEB Math Science: Frozen Juice Concentrate explains some principles that expand through all UEB Math/Science materials, and it is packed full of resources for reference and study. This webinar's handout is hosted on the Access Academy Handouts page.
Below are links to a variety of free resources for learning to use UEB to transcribe technical materials.
- Guidelines for Technical Material (2008 version updated August, 2014), available in PDF and BRF from ICEB's UEB page
- UEB Mathematics Program from UEBOnline
- Braille Course 1.3 UEB Technical, from CNIB (available in PDF and BRF). This is described in detail as part of the APH webinar Navigation of Braille Certification.
- UEB Math Tutorial online, from APH
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to UEB Maths, from BANZAT
- Unified English Braille for Math (For Sighted Learners), posted by the Philippine National School for the Blind
- Provisional Guidance for Transcribing Mathematics in UEB, from BANA
- UEB Training Modules, from Colorado DOE
The Primary Maths Cheat Sheet, from UEBOnline is one list of some UEB symbols used in technical materials.
The UKAAF created the document "Generating mathematical symbols using Math AutoCorrect or Unicode," which provides detailed instruction on inserting symbols in a document, especially in MS Word. The document is available in multiple formats from UKAAF's website, in the section on Braille Standards.
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by kdejute. Reason: adjusted language after copy/paste from internal web page