Author?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

In this small partially technical science book there doesn't seem to be an author.
    On the print title page it says: Developed at Lawrence Hall of Science University of California at Berkely
    Is that what I use for the author? Also I am "trying to use" the new formats with this where it won't be utilized by the student until 12-13 school year.
    Also when there isn't the word "Copyright" in print do I still write it in braille?

Thanks,
    Tina

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Congratulations on using the new guidelines. Just plunge right in! It will be slower because you'll have look up things rather frequently, but soon it will become second nature. On your title page I think you can follow the print and say Developed at ... whatever it says. Note that in the discussion of the author segment on title pages it clearly states that other entities, like translators, are now shown. The think the implication there is that the originating entity serves as the author.

As for the word "copyright," I'm not sure I understand your question. Is there a copyright symbol, ©, but not the print word "copyright"? Or is there no mention of copyright at all? If you can let me know exactly what your book says, we can figure out the answer.

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

The title page does include the "© with the date" just not the word "copyright". And thank you for getting back to me on this, I really like the way the new formats is set up. 😉

joannavenneri
    Participant

All the comments I've heard about the new Formats have been positive. You're the first official question our forum. You follow the print with regard to copyright information. If it has only the word "copyright," braille that. If both the word and the symbol, braille that and (surprise!) if just the symbol, braille just the symbol. Follow print. Also, follow print for spacing. Sometimes in print there is a space between the copyright symbol and the word. Sometimes not. Follow the print. This also is applied regarding the spacing between the copyright symbol and the year.

--Joanna

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.