End Quotation Mark for Multiple Paragraphs

Home Forums English Braille American Edition End Quotation Mark for Multiple Paragraphs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

When I took the Braille transcribing course in 1998 the instruction manual stated in 2.4c "if a passage consists of two or more paragraphs in quotation marks ---- the opening quotation mark is placed at the beginning of each paragraph and the ending quotation mark is placed at the end of the [u]last[/u] paragraph." I cannot find anything about this issue in the newest version of the Instruction Manual or in the English Braille American Edition. Has there been a change? Thank you in advance for your help.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hello,

With quotation marks, you should follow print. What you are describing to me sounds like displayed or quoted material with emphasis, or an old, out-dated something. If you are using an old manual, yes, there have been changes. You can get the latest version (5th Edition) from APH or as a download from NFB. In the meantime, follow print for quotation marks. Hope this helps. 🙂

Jana

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.