Family Tree

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

««Chart is brailled as indented a list.
    Symbols used: + plus sign.»»

Lakshmi + Ayah b.1916
    Lakshmnan + Rani but.1931
    Nash but.1956
    Dimple + Luke but.195ou
    Nisha but.1977
    Bella but.1959
    Mohini but.1931
    Anna + Ganesh but.1932
    Sevenese but.1933
    Jeyan + Ratha but.1934
    Lalita but.1935

Hello This is a family tree for a literary book. I did it as a list. I put parents in 1 with children run overs in 3. When the first child and spouse had children, I put them in cell 5 and when one of the grandchildren had a grandchild, I put that in cell 7 tne back to cell 3 for the rest of the children of the original parents. Does this seem correct?
    Thank you for your input.
    Mblake

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hello MBlake,

If you are brailling a Family Tree as an indented list, then it seems correct. I am curious why you are using a plus symbol (+), as that is not used in Literary braille. Is that something that appears in print?

Jana

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

the plus sign is used in print and in the copy I have referenced in the Braille Formats book Example #88. So I just basically followed that format for this Time Line.

thank you for your input. It is really great to have an expert on board!
    Mblake

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

mb,

I am concerned about your use of symbols that are not part of the literary code. There may be some confusion between literary braille and textbook formatted braille here.

Please send me a scan of the actual print page you are trying to transcribe. I am also curious as to the type of book this is. Is it a novel? Is it a technical work?

Jana
    edited by JanaBrailles on 5/11/2010

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.