No Longer Dividing Words Between Lines (Syllables)

Home Forums English Braille American Edition No Longer Dividing Words Between Lines (Syllables)

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Is it still okay to divide words or is it mandatory that NOwords at all can be divided between syllables?
    edited by Darlene on 4/15/2011

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi Darlene,
    If you are referring to word divisions in the literary lessons, no word divisions are required after lesson 12.
    If you are referring to the Manuscript, no word divisions are required, however if you do choose to divide a word and it's divided incorrectly, it will be marked as an error.
    If you are referring to an actual project that you are working on, then it becomes an agencies decision.
    Keep in mind that even though word divisions may not be required for lessons or the Manuscript, hyphenated compound words and expressions should still be divided at the hyphen.
    See page 12-4 in the 2009 Literary Lesson Manual

Thank you for the question.
    Saralyn

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much for getting back with me on this question Saralyn! I am referring to the manuscript and I realize that the new 5th Edition principles outlined in 12-4 must be applied. 🙂 It appears to me that it is "optional" to divide words (as long as all of the other rules for word division are applied). My next question is do I remain consistent throughout the manuscript if I decide to divide the words or not?
    edited by Darlene on 4/17/2011

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

It's always a good idea to stay consistent with whatever you choose.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for answering my questions and giving such wonderful advice Saralyn! Now I can move forward. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad I could be of assistance.
    Good Luck on your manuscript.

Saralyn

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.