pagination

Home Forums Music Braille pagination

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    susanM
    Participant

Good morning. I am starting to transcribe a short music textbook, to be used in middle school. I am not sure how to handle pagination; do I follow Formats rules (print pager number upper right, braille page number lower right, full row of dots 36 at page turnovers) or music code rules (print page number upper left, braille page number upper right, dots 5,25 within the music line at page turnovers0? I am a certified music transcriber but have not brailled a music textbook before. Thanks for you help.

Susan

LarrySmith
    Participant

Hi, Susan,

My immediate response is that you are either doing the document as a music transcription or as a textbook. If textbook, you should use the pagination of FORMATS, treating all music as "displayed material."

However, I've emailed Heidi Lehmann to ask her to answer your question, since she has a lot more experience with textbooks than I have. If you don't hear from her soon, you might email her or give her a ring.

Larry

LarrySmith
    Participant

Hello Susan,
    Larry is correct. If you are using Formats textbook pagination (which in this case, I would) then place the print page number in the upper right, braille page number in the lower right, full row of dots 36 at page turnovers. If you have other questions along the way, feel free to post them here and I will try my best to answer them for everyone to learn. -Heidi

susanM
    Participant

Thank you both. I do have one more question. When going back and forth between literary text and displayed music text, are the blank lines enough to show the code change or do I use the music and literary prefixes as well? Thank you.

Susan

susanM
    Participant

The blank line does it.

bach2brl
    Participant

Thank you!

susanM
    Participant

If the music sections of a textbook are shown as displayed material, is the left margin 3-5 or are the blank lines before and after the only indication of code change from literary to music and back again with left margin 1-3? Thank you.

Susan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.