paragraph format question

Home Forums English Braille American Edition paragraph format question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I would like clarification on paragraph format rules. According to the Instruction Manual for Braille Transcribing 5th edition, paragraphs (always) start in cell 3. What about when you are transcribing a book that has some paragraphs begin at the margin? Do you follow print OR change the format so the paragraph begins in cell 3?
    Thanks-

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you transcribing literary or textbook? That makes a difference 🙂 If you are brailling the book as a textbook, please repost your question in that forum. 🙂 If you are brailling literary, please scan and paste a copy of the page for me to see.
    Thanks!
    Jana

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

HI-
    I am actually working on my LOC manuscript. Some of the paragraphs begin at the margin (after a large break in text) and other paragraphs begin indented. (I don't currently have a scanner at home).
    Thanks-

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi,

Without seeing how the text looks, I would say follow the rules for literary braille, which states to start each paragraph indented to cell 3.

Jana

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.