Print page numbering

Home Forums English Braille American Edition Print page numbering

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AZFowls
    Participant

Hi Saralyn, I have a question about print page numbering. If the end of a print page corresponds with the end of a braille page, and they both continue on the next page each with their successive page numbers, do I need to put a page turn indicator on line 25 to indicate to the blind reader that the print page number is going to change on the following page, or do I just change the print page number on line 1 of the following page and assume the blind reader will know this? I hope I've made this clear what I am asking....

Also, with regards to the page change indicator: I'm transcribing verses from a Scripture called the Upanishads. There are some instances when I have to end the braille page on say line 22 or 3 because I cannot get a centered heading, blank line and first line of text on the page. Concurrently, the print page number is changing. So do I put a page change indicator on line 25 to alert the blind reader that the print page number is changing? Or just change the number on line 1 of the next page without giving any indication that it is going to change?

OK thanks for your reply. Hope this is clear enough.
    Susie from Arizona.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Suzie
    Thanks for the question.
    Changing the print page on line 1 is the right way to handle this.
    You should never have a page change indicator at the end of a braille page without text to follow it.
    As far as the braille reader needing to have a signal, the print page number will appear on top right corner of the page.
    When the number changes, they will know that the print page number has changed.
    --Saralyn

Anonymous
    Inactive

Saralyn, Thanks! I guess this might seem obvious but since I'm just getting my feet wet, so to speak, with print page numbering I want to make sure I get it right! I'm glad I asked..... Susie

Anonymous
    Inactive

No problem at all!
    That's why we're here.

AZFowls
    Participant

Saralyn, Section 2.8.1 in the new Formats 2011 says that cover/jacket material has no print page number. What about a dedication page? I can't find anything that says what to do about that....do I give the dedication page a print page number? Thanks, Susie

AZFowls
    Participant

I know the new guidelines about the front matter pages are very new and can be confusing. 2.7 talks about the page numbering for all front matter.
    If the dedication has a print page number then it needs a print page number in the braille version as well.
    This is really more of Formats question. So if you have any more questions about the Front Matter, please post it in the Formats forum.
    --Saralyn

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.