Publishers information

Home Forums English Braille American Edition Publishers information

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hello again,

One last question: the copyright page in my book reads as follows "Published in the United States by Vintage Books, a division of Random House, Inc., New York, and simultaneously in Canada by Random House of Canada Limited, Toronto.", yet the imprint on the spine and back cover says "Vintage Contemporaries". The line directly above the copyright symbol on the copyright page reads in all caps, "FIRST VINTAGE CONTEMPORARIES EDITION, AUGUST 2000". Do I use the Vintage Contemporaries as the publisher's name or Vintage Books as the publisher? Also, do I omit the Canadian information? I am quite confused about this one...

Many thanks for your input,
    L

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hello L,

It sounds like the "Vintage Contemporaries" is a series name, just as Vintage Books is a part of Random House, the large publisher. In looking into Vintage Books, they are listed under the publishing firm of Random House, therefore, I would use Random House, New York as the publisher. You omit other publishers and locations. I would place a note in my letter to the evaluator explaining that you went with Random House becasue when looking up the publisher information for Vintage Books, it takes you to the Random House website.
    Jana
    edited by JanaBrailles on 5/11/2010

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Jana,
    Thank you very much for your input. I appreciate it very much!

L

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.