Reply To: box at top of print page AND top of braille page

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook box at top of print page AND top of braille page Reply To: box at top of print page AND top of braille page

joannavenneri
Participant

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for the explanation. I still don't see wording that explicitly addresses boxes at the top of print pages starting at the top of a braille page, but I will take your word for it that that's the spirit of the Guideline 7.2.1 a. "A top box line can appear on line 1 when a running head is not used and line 3 when a running head is used." I was assuming that addressed the situation where the box appeared on line 1 with a continued print page number (in the middle of the print page), and the blank line required before the box appeared on the previous braille page.

Would this also apply to other material that normally is preceded and followed by a blank line, i.e. an epigraph at the top of a print page? Normally, if the print page change indicator occurred in the middle of the braille page, there would be a blank line between it and the epigraph. However, if it falls at the top of a braille page without a running head, the epigraph would appear on line 1 with the new print page number. Do I have that right?

Also, if the preceding material ended on line 25, would a box/epigraph begin on line 2 of the next page to include the required blank line?

Sorry if my wording is confusing. I'm just trying really hard to make sure I understand when the guidelines apply or not.

Thanks,
Rebecca