Reply To: Clarification BANA’s Guidance for Nemeth and UEB

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Clarification BANA’s Guidance for Nemeth and UEB Reply To: Clarification BANA’s Guidance for Nemeth and UEB

kdejute

I have a few pieces of information for you:

1) The next release of Duxbury (DBT), which should come out this month, will include a character style called "Nemeth" that should translate what's enclosed in that style according to Nemeth rules while allowing the surrounding text to be in UEB. There is also an "altmath" technique that can be used in DBT to select what code will be used to translate technical material while allowing non-technical material to be translated using another code. More information about this can be found in the DBT Help menus.

2) I expect that 2016 will see one or more NBA workshops that include information on using software to create Nemeth material in a UEB context.

3) At this time, I do not know of any lectures dealing with software and Nemeth code.

4) I do not personally use them, but you may find that the combination of Scientific Notebook and Duxbury meets some of your needs. More information about this is available on Duxbury's website: [url=http://www.duxburysystems.com/dbt_math.asp]link[/url]

Thank you for your time. Please do let me know if you have further questions.

–Kyle