Reply To: clarification need please

Home Forums English Braille American Edition clarification need please Reply To: clarification need please

Keitha
Participant

Thank you for your response, but I'm not sure I understand why you've referred me to Braille Formats. I may not have described the situation clearly. I will try again.

The agency I'm brailling for wants the novel done following the Instruction Manual for Braille Transcribing (6th edition) except without print page numbering. Therefore, I assume the title page won't include any print page numbers; is that correct?

The other question is regarding section 19.3a of that same manual. Some have understood section 19.3a to mean that "if there is a table of contents" each volume begins with braille page 1, but that "if there is no table of contents" only the first volume begins with braille page 1 with the pages of following volumes numbered consecutively. Others understand this section to mean that each volume begins with braille page 1 whether or not there is a table of contents. Which is correct?

Please do answer my questions according to the guidelines. Our members want to have a correct understanding of them.

I hope what I'm asking is clearer. Thanks again for your help.
Keitha