Reply To: Grade K Books

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Grade K Books Reply To: Grade K Books

claurent

While there are some things I might do differently, overall what I see looks good.  Here are a few things I would like to point out:

1. The matter from the front of the book should begin on a new braille page (each type of preliminary material should begin on a new braille page).  The page change indicators (rows of 36) would then not be necessary.
  2. I would suggest that the material from the inside back cover be placed at the back of the book.  The information makes no sense if the book has not yet been read.  You could treat it as implied print page 9 rather than as cover information.
  3. On print pages 1-2, the repeated title and author information is not necessary in my opinion.  That information is on the title page (and included in the full title on this braille page).  Even if the author information is included, you do not have to repeat the title (my opinion).
  4. Without explaining the pictures, the point of this story does not come across.  Simple picture descriptions would help:  on page 2 you could say "Picture: the mouse shares a doll" on page 3, "Picture: the monkey shares a toy car" and so on.

Hope this helps!  Let me know if you have other questions.

Cindi