Reply To: Permutations

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Permutations Reply To: Permutations

Debbie Winsett
Participant

Lindy,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I received your reply with all the information listed to help my understanding of this particular math equation.

I compared your example with what I thought was the correct way to transcribe this particular equation.  I am happy to say that I had everything correct with the exception of the factorial symbol.  Honestly that symbol is what threw me off. I was trying to use the exclamation-point symbol and I knew something was wrong. Your clarification of this was most helpful. I also took the time to look up each reference you sent to me.  I now have those in my notes for future reference on these type of equaitons.

Thank you so much for your expertise on helping me to decipher and understand this type of equation and how to transcribe it correctly.

FYI: the attachment you mentioned that I originally sent that was too large is a duplicate of the one you did receive. Chris Clemons assisted in helping to reduce the size of the attachment so we could attach it to the ASK AN EXPERT forum.

Once again, thank you so much for your help.

Debbie