Permutations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Debbie Winsett
    Participant

I have a student who is studying Math Statistics and Permutations.  I have 2 problems that I am totally confused on how to braille them correctly.   I have referenced several Braille Math books but I can't quite find a problem that looks quite like these. I have attached a photo of both problems I would like help with.

Thanks, Debbie Winsett, Braille Transcriber

braillistrock@gmail.com

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Chris Clemens. Reason: Adding the attachement
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lindy Walton

Hi Debbie.

It looks like your second file is too large to post. Can you trim it down a bit? I'll take a look at the first image (0645) in a minute...

Lindy

Lindy Walton

The first image shows mathematical signs that all have rules stated in the Nemeth Code. Here are the sections where you can read about them.

simple fractions: Sec. 61
    the factorial symbol: Sec. 169
    a multiplication dot: Sec. 135
    subscripts (Rule XIII), including:
    a left subscript: Sec. 75
    numeric subscripts to the right of a letter: Sec. 77
    an ellipsis: Sec. 43

Hopefully, the braille font will show in this window, but I also have attached a transcription of the two expressions. I may have misread the capitalization of some of the letters, so you will need to correct those if necessary.

?N&/,K1&*,K2&* ''' *,K;P"&#

;N",C;,K .K ?N&/(N-,K)&*,K&#

Let me know if you have further questions.
    Lindy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Debbie Winsett
    Participant

Lindy,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I received your reply with all the information listed to help my understanding of this particular math equation.

I compared your example with what I thought was the correct way to transcribe this particular equation.  I am happy to say that I had everything correct with the exception of the factorial symbol.  Honestly that symbol is what threw me off. I was trying to use the exclamation-point symbol and I knew something was wrong. Your clarification of this was most helpful. I also took the time to look up each reference you sent to me.  I now have those in my notes for future reference on these type of equaitons.

Thank you so much for your expertise on helping me to decipher and understand this type of equation and how to transcribe it correctly.

FYI: the attachment you mentioned that I originally sent that was too large is a duplicate of the one you did receive. Chris Clemons assisted in helping to reduce the size of the attachment so we could attach it to the ASK AN EXPERT forum.

Once again, thank you so much for your help.

Debbie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.