Reply To: placement of graphics

Home Forums Tactile Graphics placement of graphics Reply To: placement of graphics

Cindy
Participant
This does not seem to be directly addressed, however, GST 5.1 includes content relevant for consideration.
It will be of primary importance that readers can match questions with diagrams. Based on the description, it may be the case that print readers associate questions and graphics by page layout. Following GSTM 5.1.3, TNs associated with both graphics and question text will be warranted to label and reference graphics in the questions. It will make things less complicated if you place the illustration/diagram after the <i>directions</i> and before the <i>questions</i> and place them spatially; thus allowing the braille reader the opportunity to read the diagram first. "If possible, keep the graphic and questions together."
In a case where there are many graphics associated with one question bank, we suggest that well-labeled graphics appear prior to questions on one or more separate pages. These should be located as close as possible to the associated questions. A TN will likely be required to indicate that the page of graphics relates to questions that follow on subsequent pages, in addition to TNs on individual graphics to facilitate association with specific questions.
We hope this helps.
Tactile Graphics Committee
Cindy Olmstead, Chair