Reply To: Umlaut Question

Home Forums Foreign Language Umlaut Question Reply To: Umlaut Question

Donald Winiecki
Hi Lucas!
To add on to Anna's response regarding braille and diacritics, we can add a little bit of technical information that may help in the future.
What you are seeing is called a "combined diacritic."
The Foreign Language committee actually presented a webinar on April 1, 2024 (no fooling!). In that webinar we showed how to insert combined diacritics into a source document using MS-Word
We also produced a job aid that shows how to do this. You can find the job aid at the following URL:<wbr />entering-diacritics.
The section on combined diacritics starts on page 6 of the job aid. You will be able to enter your combined diacritics using the directions in that job aid.
Hope this helps!