1st Page – Topgraphic Map; 2nd Page – Map Legend

Home Forums Tactile Graphics 1st Page – Topgraphic Map; 2nd Page – Map Legend

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Hi Betty,

We are having an issue with a topographic map (page 1 attachment) as it relates to a tactile graphic. We have tried to split it in quadrants and it's still too cluttered. The map is needed as the questions do refer to it.

The second page addresses a map legend, which is easily enough created. However, the map presented with the legend would allow a sighted reader to see how the various symbols are used within the map. Again, even splitting the map is resulting in too much clutter.

My braillist is at a loss on how to best present the material. Any suggestions?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    betty.marshall
    Participant

Hi Cindy, I'm just on my way out of town, so I'll get back to you on Monday with an answer. Sorry for the delay.
    Betty

betty.marshall
    Participant

This is a particularly difficult print diagram to present in braille as a tactile. In order to be of any use it would have to be considerably simplified, and parts of it would need to be explained in a transcriber's note. I have consulted with a couple of committee members and come up with what we would attempt to do with your example map and questions. Unfortunately many of the details are not legible on the .pdf file. Please see attached description of a possible solution. Hope this helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.