3rd Grade math Transcription

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science 3rd Grade math Transcription

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

To: Ask the Expert
    RE: Math transcription

We are transcribing a third grade math book and we have some questions on a few pages. We would like any and all suggestions on how to transcribe these pages. We have included the 3 scanned pages on which we are confused. Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dworthing
    Participant

Do you have questions about a specific part of these pages, or just the whole thing in general?

dworthing
    Participant

That book looks like quite a challenge. For pages 167 and 168, I would not try to connect those notes with arrows to the spatial problem. After the spatial subtraction problems, I would list the comments detailing what is done. They are self descriptive. Trying to put them on the same line as the elements to which they refer, or drawing arrows connecting them to such elements, would make the example unreadable.

I am still thinking about page 107. I welcome suggestions from anyone who might have an idea for representing the concept shown. I will try out a couple of things and get back to you. Did you yourself come up with something that could work?

dworthing
    Participant

I have attached a suggestion of how to handle page 107 from your question. I do not claim that this is the only way, or even the best way, to transcribe it. Perhaps with this starting place, you will be able to come to a solution that will work throughout your math book. I would be happy to hear from you about any changes or adjustments you might make to my suggestion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.