A book with 3 Prefaces

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook A book with 3 Prefaces

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AZFowls
    Participant

Good morning, I am transcribing a book with 3 Prefaces, the first one from 1912 when the book was first published, and the next 2 from more recent years. The print page heading is "Preface" and is centered, and right underneath it is another centered heading that reads "Preface to the First Edition (1912)". After that Preface, a new print page with a centered heading that is something similar: "Preface to the 1973 edition". Then the last Preface, also on a new print page, the same: centered "Preface to the 2004 Edition".

Would you transcribe this as written in print, with each Preface starting on a new braille page, with centered headings; or would you center the first "Preface", and then put each Preface heading as a cell 5 heading, and transcribe them, not starting each one a new braille page?

Thanks for your help.
    Susie

joannavenneri
    Participant

Since we follow print unless there is a VERY good reason not to, I think it's fine here to just follow the print and use the centered headings as shown in print, with a blank line before and after each heading, of course. I don't think it is necessary to start each preface on a new braille page if there is room for the centered heading and at least one line of text after the blank line. However, if the print page changes, you can insert the new print page indicator as usual.

--Joanna

AZFowls
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.