Addition

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    smart_10357
    Participant

Looking at the problems you suggested are very helpful but what do I do for one digit problems.

It looks like the separation line for the problems has the dot 5 underneath the number for 2 digit examples. What do I do one digit examples. Do I leave a space between the addition sign and the number? I am not using number signs as there are 45 questions. I will attach a sample brf.

Thank you,

Susan

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Chris Clemens.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Susan,

That's quite a practical question. When using only UEB (and no Nemeth), what do we do with single-digit addition problems arranged spatially for calculation?

I would do exactly as you have done, beginning the summation line one cell to the right of the plus sign with those one-digit numbers starting one more cell to the right so that the column above the dot 5 of the horizontal line is empty.

Unrelatedly, please let me suggest that you use a consistent number of cells between the rightmost part of one column of spatial problems and the identifier of a problem placed to the left. (In your example, I think there are two blank cells between the first and second problems but three blank cells between the second and third problems on each line.)

Thank you for your diligent questions and clear examples. Braille on!

–Kyle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.