alignment in table

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science alignment in table

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

For the attached table of "Plant Growth," the first column is labeled Age (year) and the second column is Height (cm). I am trying to follow Formats, Rule 8, 7a "Regardless of print placement, in the braille edition, row headings, i.e., a vertical listing of numerals, words or phrases, about which information is given in the other columns, must begin in cell 1." Should I be putting all the first column entries at the margin and align the second column entries as in print?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

In my opinion, this does not meet the criteria for a table established in Braille Formats -- it doesn't have row headings. I would align the numbers in each column according to place value.

Braille Formats [Rule 7§1e(2)(a)] says that the first column must begin at the left margin. However, it also says [Rule 7§1e (4) numerals that are aligned by place value generally should be brailled as shown, i.e., placed to align digits, decimals, or commas.

Note also that the numeric indicator would not be used. Rule II§17: In tables whose entries consist entirely of numerals, the numeric indicator must be omitted.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.