Ampersand symbol in body of text

Home Forums English Braille American Edition Ampersand symbol in body of text

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi, the book that I am working on for my literary braille certification has an "ampersand" sign on the title page and also in the text of the book. In lesson 19.2d explaining the special symbols page, it states that if a symbol is used only 1 time in a volume they should be explained in a transcriber's note in the TEXT not just on the special symbols page. Since the ampersand sign is also on the title page, would I need to explain it in a transcribers note in the text portion of my manuscript?

thanks, bh

Anonymous
    Inactive

Since these questions are specifically relating to your manuscript, I can't give you exact answers, but I can give you the correct references where you can find the answers.
    This isn't directly addressed anywhere in the Literary Lesson Manaul or EBAE. My best suggestion is to follow how the copyright symbol is handled in the exercise for Lesson 19.
    The copyright symbol is used on the title page and it's listed on Special Symbols Page.
    The first paragraph on page 19-1 of the Literary Lesson Manual directs us to use Braille Formats for preliminary pages.
    The guidelines for the Special Symbols page (and the answer to your question) is found in Braille Formats Rule 2 Sect 5.

Hope this helps,
    Saralyn

Saralyn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.