Apostrophe and the capital indicater

Home Forums Unified English Braille Literary Apostrophe and the capital indicater

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tung
    Participant

Hello, I have a question about the apostrophe and capital indicater: If I understand the rule correctlly, the apostrophe terminates the affect of the double capital indicator but NOT the capital passage indicator.

When I read thru one of the presentation material by Dorothy Worthington on Mathematics and Science Braille Nemeth in UEB at the conference in St Louis, Missouri October 2016 on page 38 in the example when she transcribed the following: NEWTON'S SECOND LAW OF MOTION she used double cap before NEWTON then single cap before letter S after the apostrophe, then the passage cap before the SECOND ...

My question is: Is this an error? Can we just start the capital passage indicator before NEWTON and terminate after MOTION?

Please help me to clarify this matter.

Thank you very much.

claurent

Yes, that is an error in the workshop.  The apostrophe does not terminate the effect of the capital passage indicator and should have been used on NEWTON'S SECOND LAW OF MOTION.

Good catch!  I will let Dorothy know.

Cindi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.