Bar Model

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

These bar models are in a 4th grade math book and I'm not sure whether to use a tactile graphic or just do the blanks in braille and try to space them properly. I have attached 4 pages of the book with several different kinds of bar models. I don't know if a drawn graphic would be useful to the student, or more confusing. Can you advise me as to whether all, some of them, or none should be drawn, thanks so much!

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Are there examples in the book of completed models so you can see what they look like and exactly what they are supposed to represent? I think I understand -- the bars are comparative in length -- but what of any numbers that appear in the models? Without knowing how the models represent the math operations, I'm unable to offer any advice.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

There are a lot of these models in the book but unfortunately none are filled in as an example of how they are to be completed. On the second page attached (Pg 46 in print) the model is beside an equation that I assume is representing the model. I'm embarrassed to admit I really don't understand the point of the modeling exercises and don't know what to do with them. As I am pressed to get this book to the student, please give me your best suggestion, thanks!

dworthing
    Participant

I apologize for letting this fall through the cracks. I can see what the models are trying to demonstrate, but unless you will actually draw them, I don't know that they can be represented any other way.

dworthing
    Participant

I was afraid of that:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.