baseline indicator

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science baseline indicator

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Good morning,
    For a geometry worksheet, I am needing to make a key listing for the angle measurements for my diagrams. The angles have the degree sign in the superscript position. Do I need to insert a baseline indicator before my ending transcriber's note sign at the end of my key list?
    Thank you.
    Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dworthing
    Participant

Could you send me the braille for your tn to look at?

dworthing
    Participant

I am attaching a file with this two different ways, without baseline indicator and with. Thank you for your help.
    Susan

Susan Baker
    Participant

I think I found my answer! According to Rule XVIII, the Transcriber's Grouping Symbols are categorized as grouping symbols. Rule XIII section 80 states we need to use a level indicator (in this case, the baseline indicator) whenever our grouping symbols (the ending TN symbol) applies to a level other than the one currently in effect (my superscript degrees sign). So, it looks like I will need to put a baseline indicator after my degrees sign at the end of my key list since it is in the superscript position, before my ending TN symbol, since the TN symbol has to be on the baseline.
    Susan

Susan Baker
    Participant

You have answered your own question and found rules to support your decision. Good for you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.