Best way to braille "telepathic" thoughts?

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Best way to braille "telepathic" thoughts?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BeverlyN
    Participant

Hello,

In a literary book, the author chose to use italics with colons at the beginning and ending of  italicized telepathic thoughts. There are italicized words and passages within the text and typeform indicators will be used for that part of the text. What is the best way to show the telepathic thoughts in braille? Would a transcriber's note be sufficient to explain this? I have attached the first page of the book.

Thank you.

Beverly

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

There is no rule that would cover this.  I think, and this is just my opinion, that I would change the colons to braces or brackets and explain that change in a TN (as the colons are basically grouping text).  However, since UEB is pretty big into the "follow" print concept, you wouldn't be wrong to do just that and follow print.  I would, however, still explain the format to your reader in a TN on the TN page as this is a very unusual print format.

It amazes me that the publishers/authors still come up with new ways to present material all the time!

Cindi

BeverlyN
    Participant

Thank you for your advice, Cindi.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.