BF 2011 quote in a note margins

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook BF 2011 quote in a note margins

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Sample 16-6 shows the quote's margin at two cells to the right of the line above it, which certainly makes sense, but I can't find a reference in the guidelines as to why that should be. Elsewhere, we are told that the adjusted left margin for displayed material is in cell 3 or, for exercises, in cell 5. Can you point me in the right direction?

Lynnette
    Participant

Sample 16-6 is a note that contains a quote. At the conclusion of this sample there is a link to return to the text. Try that. That takes you to Section 16.5.4 where the braille formatting is specificallly discussed for this specific situation.

--Joanna

Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Section 16.5.4 only refers one to Section 9, which says that the adjusted left margin for displayed material is in cell 3 or, for exercises, in cell 5. I'm wondering why the quote in Sample 16-6 is in cell 5, since it is not an exercise. I like it there in cell 5, but I can find no guideline explaining why that should be. I'm hoping you can help me.

joannavenneri
    Participant

I'm also wondering if 16.5.4 pertains to all displayed material within notes and not just to quotes.

Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

16.5.4 refers only to notes contained in quoted matter and does not concern other displayed materials. Section 9.2.2 says that it may be necessary to change the left margin for some types of displayed material and 16.5.4 is an example of that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.