Biblical references

Home Forums English Braille American Edition Biblical references

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I am brailling a book that contains Biblical references. I've attached the last 2 pages of a typical chapter.

The EBAE Instruction Manual, 17.4b seems to fit the references in the book, not 17.4b(1). However, in EBAE, Rule IV(23), only the method in 17.4b(1) is given. Please help me understand why the rule book doesn't include both methods of brailling Biblical references. Also, please help me know which method to follow in the book I'm working on.

Thank you for your help!

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

jbb,

Thank you for your question. My question to you is ... are you brailling this book for your certification manuscript or brailling it for an agency? And are you brailling it in a literary format or textbook (using print page numbers?)

The Instruction Manual (5th edition), section 17.4b that you referenced has to do with long notes. Source references can be found in 17.5 and specifically for bible references 17.5b, 17.5b(1), 17.5b(2), and 17.5b(3).

17.5b states: "In standard prose (which is how your book appears), references to the Bible should be brailled as they appear in print."

For the reference notes (your page 34), these references would be embedded into the text (3 words or less). For notes 11 and 12, follow the rules for 17.4 in the Instruction Manual if you are brailling literary format.

EBAE Rule IV.23 deals with source references, and Rule IV.22 deals with notes.

I hope this helps.

Jana

JanaBrailles

I'm sorry I didn't mention that I am brailling the book for a blind friend in textbook format. Please would you look at the attached ways of brailling the Bible reference: John 3:16? I'm trying to find out which method to use.

Thank you!

JanaBrailles

jbb,

If you are brailling in textbook format, please repost your question to the textbook/formats board. They can better assist you.

Jana

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.