Blank line on line 2 when line 25 is blank

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Blank line on line 2 when line 25 is blank

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christine Mulse
    Participant

Good morning, I can't for the life of me find the rule that says if line 25 is blank for a reason (ie: following a box or a list) then line 2 (when using a running head) of the next page should also be blank to reinforce the first blank. Is this still a rule or am I remembering old formats? Thanks 🙂

claurent

The only thing specifically addressed in BF regarding blank lines is lists. However, it IS recommended (and the BANA formats committee is trying to make it part of an errata or update) that if something ends on line 24 or 25 that requires a blank line following it (like the box line you mentioned) that blank line is at the top of the next page.

Regarding lists: 8.3.4a says: Start the list on line 1 when a running head is not used, if there are two or more blank lines at the bottom of the previous page. Start the list on line 2 when braille is on the last or next-to-last line of the previous page.

Cindi

Christine Mulse
    Participant

Thank you Cindi 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.