Blank space following equal sign

Home Forums Unified English Braille Technical Blank space following equal sign

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Connie Stone
    Participant

Kyle,

If you have an equation

2+2 =

where there is nothing following the equal sign, is it left blank? I am unable to find an example. The examples where a visual space symbol is used appears they are used as a place holder. I have also heard to follow Braille Formats 10.6.1 and put 3 dot 5s but these equations are not in a sentence which would be in line with the Braille Formats.

I have these equations both as displays and running lists of equations that end with the equal sign followed by the blank space.

Thank you

kdejute

Connie,

Thank you for your question!

For a "nothingness" like that which follows the equals in "2+2 = ", UEB does not tell us to use a visible space indicator (or anything else). So, I strongly advocate for following print and simply not putting anything.

#b"6#b "7

I would do this whether the expression were embedded within text or displayed or part of a series of expressions.

Again, thank you for the question. Please let me know if you need more information or have follow-up questions!

–Kyle

Connie Stone
    Participant

Thank you Kyle, I am glad you included even when embedded within text in your answer because even though that has not occurred for me yet, that would have been a follow-up question.

kdejute

👍👍

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.