Blanks filled in

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Blanks filled in

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Hello,

Attached is a file with a example having the answer filled in the blank. It is for a UEB math worksheet for an early learner (no contractions), and I am trying to think of how to do it with as few font attributes as possible.  How would you show that this is a blank filled in?  Thank you.

Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

Because it is for an early learner, I would use italics (the words are actually italicized) and then put a TN on the TN page that when a blank is filled in with an answer, italics are used and the blank is omitted.  Another option is to insert the blank and then put the answer in parentheses following the blank (be sure to keep at least one word of the answer on the same braille line as the blank).  This would also require a TN.  It would, however, be a better reminder for the reader of where the blank actually is.

Cindi

Susan Baker
    Participant

I like both of these suggestions, but may go with the second one.  Would I put a blank space after the underscore and before the parenthesis, or would it be unspaced? Thank you.

claurent

My suggestion would be to put a space after the blank.

Cindi

Susan Baker
    Participant

Thank you for your help, Cindi.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.